NRSCH has a long history and is well-established. It was founded in 1946, and then called Taiwan Almshouse. In 1976, the title was changed as Taiwan Provincial Taipei Homes for the Aged, and situated in Nan-Kang district, Taipei. In the year of 1985, the institution was moved to the current location, Hsien-Tian. It did not acquire its present name of the "Northern Taiwan Elder's Home, the Ministry of the Interior" until 1999 and became to be under MOI.